■ xplorer² evolution over the years
xplorer² is under continuous developement since 2004. If you are up to date and run the latest version you are guaranteed the best in file management. If you are stuck with a paleolithic version on the other hand, you may be missing out
on many improvements introduced since your original purchase such as:
- Added features and improvements
- Bugfixes and optimizations for windows 10
- Showing your support for xplorer²
Older versions like 1.81 still work even for windows 10, but you are not getting the best performance, and you likely suffer from small annoyances
that were fixed in later xplorer² versions.
Please download the free trial
of the latest version and see all the improvements. There is no obligation to buy, and if you don't like what you see, you can always go back to your original xplorer² version.
■ Upgrade your old version and get major new features
Here is a summary of capital additions since version 2. For detailed information see the changelog
Added in version 2.x (2011-2014)
- Flexible pane layout. You can arrange xplorer² toolbars and panes as you like them, docking them on whichever side of the window you like, or having them floating or autohidden to maximise the use of space [demo video]
- Better and faster search. Use the windows search index for fast contained text searches in documents using the ultimate edition.
- Easier program registration. xplorer² uses a simple text file to store its unlock key. You won't have license problems during any automatic windows updates.
- Smart filtering using the multi-purpose filter/select/search box as you type.
- Seamless integration with external devices (phones, cameras, tablets)
- Fully replace windows explorer (except system open/save dialogs)
Added in version 3.x (2015-2017)
- Optional ribbon toolbar. Love it or hate it, Ribbon UI simplifies file management. For those that prefer the traditional menu bar UI, it is also available giving access to all advanced file management commands
- Redesigned mass renaming. Rename many files at once using counters, search and replace filename parts; use ID3 tags and other file attributes in the filename; automatic removal of illegal characters
- Color tag files and folders. Easily mark files with your color scheme to make them stand out or tag them for future work. Locate tagged files and folders by color. This shouldn't be confused with the older color coding feature.
- Change file attributes in-place. The detailed view mode acts like an excel spreadsheet, allowing you to click and change all allowable file attributes like date modified, comment, author etc.
- Plugin architecture. On top of regular shell extensions xplorer² integrates with Total Commander plugins for previewing and searching more file types.
- Compressed archives support. A new compressed folder NSE allows xplorer² to browse, preview and search documents inside most archive types (7z, RAR, GZ) just like the regular zipfolder support in windows
- Core filesystem improvements. Browse network drives faster with pinging for network availability. Long filename support for working in deep folders with more than 255 character long paths
- Usability improvements. Lots of small details make your everyday file management a little better such as better autocompletion, collapsible groups, improved preview (zoom/rotate), PERL compliant regular expressions, touch-friendly interface; UI easier to automate with accessibility tools (NVDA/JAWS)
Added in version 4.x (2018-)
- Macro commands. Automate complex user interface operations using a macro "language" or the automatic macro recorder
- Define your own file attributes. The programmable column lets you combine simple file properties in boolean expressions, defining your own custom file properties. These can then be used like any other column for searching and filtering.
- Photo cleanup. Duplicate, similar and poor quality pictures shot with mobile phones take up valuable disk space. xplorer² has AI-based tools to help you discover and delete them.
- Looks better in high-DPI monitors. If you own a high resolution screen PC or laptop, the latest xplorer² versions will look much better if you choose a large toolbar skin
- xplorer² is aware of cloud folders (OneDrive, Dropbox etc) and will be careful with your cloud files on demand, avoiding unnecessary downloads.
- Access your favorite and frequently used folders through jumplists
Get the most out of xplorer², download the latest version!
↓ DOWNLOAD FREE TRIAL