■ Is it a bug or a "feature"?
If xplorer² crashes or works abnormally then more often than not it is some shell extension to blame (e.g. a context menu handler) rather than xplorer² itself. It could also be some freak one-off occurrence, so please first try the following:
- Reboot your windows
- Download the latest xplorer² version
- Uninstall then reinstall xplorer²
If the crash persists please use the menu command Help > Crash information to locate the crash minidump file and email it to us. This will help troubleshooting the fault and hopefully recommend a fix or workaround. If xplorer² cannot find the crash minidump file you can look for it manually in this folder:
When you report a suspected bug please give us as much information as possible eg:
- Is the bug 100% reproducible? What's the exact procedure (steps) to cause it?
- Perhaps it only happens in network or some other special folders?
- Is it related to the preview panel? Try turning it off from View menu.
SEND BUG REPORT